PURPOSE

TO~further the knowledge of nature, and encourage protection, and conservation of it.

Thank you to all who inspired me, taught me, and appreciated the sharing of my photos and information. My passion for God's creation has grown immensely and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to grow and to continue to grow...

PHOTOS


click on the photos to enlarge them

Saturday, December 4, 2010

MY BODY has finally kicked me in the butt...so I have changed my lifestyle and am fully vegan...

 It has taken me years  to finally work myself in to becoming a diabetic...and I sure worked hard at it! My father is ( was now) and my grandmother died from it, and so now it's my turn. I knew it was coming, I could feel it in my body...

My  mother always worked at feeding us the 'right' foods.  My father  got acutely ill with rheumatoid arthritis, and my mom, an avid reader, found a cook book, Dr. chong's arthritics cook book. She put my father on it immediately and within just  weeks he was up and around again like nothing had happened. It ended up he was allergic to red meat. Today he is a vegan by his own choice. So really my  mom was the one who started all this! God rest her precious soul..

 The McDougall health plan for life, puts diabetes right out of your body... literally...so instead of weight loss being my motivation, which it should have been, but that has been a losing battle for years...health has been my motivation. Having been a registered nurse for 20 yrs,   I saw the complications and devastation it has on one's body, and personally I am not interested in being put in the grave piece by piece. If you could just DIE from eating  bad, that would be ok, but it doesn't really work that way most of the time... ultimately you suffer horrid complications, huge medical bills and pharmacy bills and overall have no good quality of life...

Dr. McDougall's specialty is diabetes... his success with putting it in remission is  so amazing and my father proves it.. he has no problem with it anymore. So I began on my new  healthy eating plan  on tuesday, Nov 30..my blood sugars have already stabilized and I am no longer blurry eyed,  tired, hungry, thirsty, or shaky... it is amazing what the right fuel for one's body can do for ya... I have so much energy, and it feels so good...ALL without medication I might add.

Though I am a zealot for this health plan, it will stay with me unless someone asks me about it.  People don't want to change, especially the fuel they take into their bodies. It's all up to the individual what diseases they choose to  work towards or if they prefer premature death over a healthy long life. I for one  am not interested in cardiac bypass surgery...I have seen this health plan work miracles in several of my family members...it only took a huge kick in my pants to get me going...

 Thanks for listening... here is his website in case anyone has been inspired to be healthy..

http://www.drmcdougall.com/index.html

have a great day and a fabulous life!!

No comments: