PURPOSE

TO~further the knowledge of nature, and encourage protection, and conservation of it.

Thank you to all who inspired me, taught me, and appreciated the sharing of my photos and information. My passion for God's creation has grown immensely and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to grow and to continue to grow...

PHOTOS


click on the photos to enlarge them

Sunday, April 8, 2012

some bird photos with the new "feeder mixure"

they sure love raisins and nuts!

I trimmed a few small branches from the trees where I hang
the feeders, so the photos would be less cluttered and the 
birds more easily seen...
they wept....


I found the titmouse sipping water from the 
tree wound...



waiting for the next drip





then of course there is always 
a stick em up hold up for the bestest peanut

and what's a feeder without the cardinal 
attitude...

"who said you could take my picture?"

and the turkey vultures overhead...
7 of them circling and circling...
around and around the house, day and evening...
creepy? yes


I call our town "the new chicago" it's so
windy here anymore...
even the birds don't look quite the same.


wind swept tufted titmouse awaiting his turn 
to get the peanuts.


AND A GUST of wind, near blew him away...
but those toes hung on tight...


alfalfa nuthatch got his nut...
and he is so proud...


chickadee patiently waits for the wind
to slow down so he can fly to the feeder
and not crash land...



grackle long necks a peak at the feeder too, 
hoping there will be some left when 
the stupid human leaves...





1 comment:

Prims and Annies said...

I love you bird photos...thanks for sharing. I have a recipe for "Cupcakes for the birds" on my blog. This morning we looked out the back door and there was a bluebird feeding her baby from the cupcake that I had made.
Have a great week!
Smiles and huggs,
Maxie