PURPOSE

TO~further the knowledge of nature, and encourage protection, and conservation of it.

Thank you to all who inspired me, taught me, and appreciated the sharing of my photos and information. My passion for God's creation has grown immensely and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to grow and to continue to grow...

PHOTOS


click on the photos to enlarge them

Sunday, April 22, 2012

I was excited when I was invited to join the lepidoptera class
training for collecting data for the 
West Viriginia Butterfly Atlas.


Sue Olcott (left) our trainer for the day, preparing the voucher
cards for us to record our findings.


Nice collection of lepidoptera to view and
compare.


Sue conversing with some of us ... 
can't wait to get started! 

It was a fun, informative and interesting day. I received my butterfly net, photography jar,
reference books, vouchers,pamphlets, training handbook, butterfly holder forceps
and training, and am ready to get started. 
I think I will practice outside here on the farm a bit before I venture out into a wilderness
with a huge net and no idea how to use it...
WISH ME LUCK!

No comments: