PURPOSE

TO~further the knowledge of nature, and encourage protection, and conservation of it.

Thank you to all who inspired me, taught me, and appreciated the sharing of my photos and information. My passion for God's creation has grown immensely and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to grow and to continue to grow...

PHOTOS


click on the photos to enlarge them

Friday, April 13, 2012

today on the farm~

I was so saddened to see my neighbor mow down his 2 acre meadow today...I had been observing the red winged black birds building their nests over there and had wandered over to try to find some and take some photos of what may be in them...I feel if you are going to cut your grass or meadow, you should keep it cut, as that way the meadow beings won't depend on it for habitat...

this is what I came upon today on my farm~ which I am working on building permanent habitat, so no one can change it...

CLICK PHOTO TO ENLARGE
Polistes~ paper wasp
gathering wood for it's nest







a ravine salamander~of special concern
in Pa...
I found three so far!


then some great weeds...

Garlic mustard 

(Alliaria officinale.. new species name...petiolata)


our prized dandelion~most nutritious food
 you could ever comsume!


Chickadee~black capped or carolina
only they know for sure! 


enjoying my new seed cake mix at the new feeder


resting bumble bee~ amazing creature


this is a large one~ 2.5cm
check out those mouth parts! 




No comments: