PURPOSE

TO~further the knowledge of nature, and encourage protection, and conservation of it.

Thank you to all who inspired me, taught me, and appreciated the sharing of my photos and information. My passion for God's creation has grown immensely and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to grow and to continue to grow...

PHOTOS


click on the photos to enlarge them

Friday, May 4, 2012

FROG WATCH USA~ a night with the toads

I found my horse pasture to be quite entertaining, almost to the point of saying that I would much rather be there, than on any fancy dancy vacation or even at the beach! 

I am working on a project for Master Naturalist called FROG WATCH USA...you wander to an area where you know there will be frogs and toads ( shallow water) and stand there, wait 2 mins, listen for 3 mins then write down your listenings. Temperature, wind speed, frog calling levels, time, and location ( gps) it's really quite interesting and not hard...

This time I took my camera with me, I wondered if I would or could get even one decent shot. Ya know what? The frogs and toads could care less you are standing there, they call and capture each other no matter! yay...here is what I came up with.
click photos to enlarge

the difference in their markings amaze me...but I do 
believe from their calls, the toads are all the 
Eastern American Toad
bufo americanus














and then, there was this green frog! 
I waited and waited, and he never peeped...
Green Frog~rana clamitans


he crouched all down flat when he spotted me trying to 
take an overhead shot...but he didn't hop away! 




here was the other green frog I spotted about 30 ft away 


another bufo americanus
I really love the reflection in the water, and the 
water rings all around it...


PROBLEM~ I need to be making dolls 
but I am seriously addicted to wild life in every way....

No comments: