PURPOSE

TO~further the knowledge of nature, and encourage protection, and conservation of it.

Thank you to all who inspired me, taught me, and appreciated the sharing of my photos and information. My passion for God's creation has grown immensely and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to grow and to continue to grow...

PHOTOS


click on the photos to enlarge them

Sunday, February 3, 2013

WHAT a fun day at the feeder~ I counted 13 species, and my very first raptor!


The majestic Bluejay


Dark eyed Junco


European Starling  ~ love these birds! I believe this is a female


and the male European Starling, rainbow of gemstone colors...


my personal favorite, Carolina Wren


Song Sparrow


and conversing in the snow storm...


female Northern Cardinal


Bill Beatty, my friend and a well known bird expert told me 
this is either a female Sharp Shinned Hawk OR a male Cooper's Hawk
my very first raptor spotting on my farm, well I mean one that I could capture
in a photo.. not the best photo, but a photo non the less! 



4 comments:

Ann said...

All on your farm? oh,you see so much!!! where i live it's just too busy,even though it's a short drive to mountains!!Our city is just too busy to allow much wildlife.
i love the photos!!!

Robin Armstrong Seeber said...

yes! thank you so much Ann, it was a dream for me to live on a little farm, so I am here...every day is something different! get to those mountains! xo

Jeri Landers said...

GORGEOUS LITTLE DARLINGS! My husband just got a new camera, (as I DROPPED the old one), and I hope to be able to take marvelous photos like these.

Robin Armstrong Seeber said...

Thanks Jeri...I have a nikon D3200, it's an amazing thing...I use a 300mm zoom lens...can't wait to see your photos...I also read alot on kenrockwell.com's website, he is great!